New Officers and Board Members Installed
The UNLV Alumni Association announces new officers and board members.
At the annual meeting held on Feb. 15, 2017, the UNLV Alumni Association’s board of directors elected new officers:
- President – Patrick Smith ’97 ’01 – President, Patrick Smith LLC and Executive Director, Nevada Economic Development Coalition (pictured right)
- First Vice President – Michael Amato-von Hemert ’10 – Managing Member, Mobile Money Mentor
- Second Vice President – Mark Wiley ’01 – Real Estate Professional, Vegas Dream Homes
- Third Vice President – Kathy Dyke ’94, CPCE – Event Designer, By Dzign
- Secretary – Julie Samuelson ’95 – Management and Marketing Professional
- Treasurer – Deanna Burgess ’97, CMP, CEM, CRME – Executive Director of Citywide, MGM Resorts International
- Immediate Past President – Kenneth Bahl ’96 –Executive Vice President, Custom Benefit Consultants, Inc.
In addition, new board members were installed:
- Gabrielle Angle ’10, JD – President, UNLV Boyd School of Law Alumni Chapter and Global Compliance Manager, Zuffa, LLC/UFC
- Brandon Berrett ’97 – Senior Human Resources Advisor, International Medical Corps
- Tonia Holmes-Sutton ’04 ’12, EdD – President, UNLV College of Education Alumni Chapter and Member of several boards: Nevada State Board of Education, WestEd Board of Directors, and National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Holly Mae Lindsay ’99 – Past President, UNLV Harrah Hotel College Alumni Chapter and Senior Business Manager, Delmonico Steakhouse/Emeril’s Homebase LV
- Kyle Lum ’00 – President, UNLV Lee Business School Alumni Chapter and Financial Professional, MassMutual Boulder Basin
- Scott Morris ’16, JD – Graduate, William S. Boyd School of Law
On March 6, two additional members were installed:
- Leslie Mujica '09 - Executive Director, Southern Nevada IBEW & NECA LMCC
- Izack Tenorio '15 - Admissions Counselor, UNLV
The UNLV Alumni Association was established in 1964 as a not-for-profit organization to promote and enhance alumni engagement on campus. With an alumni base more than 110,000 strong, the Alumni Association offers a variety of services and opportunities in support of alumni and their families. UNLV alumni are encouraged to support the values of higher learning through advocacy, involvement, and giving. To date, the association has contributed more than $6.7 million to the university in student scholarships, endowments, and major capital improvements such as the Alumni Amphitheater, Alumni Grove, Alumni Park, Coach Tarkanian Statue, and the $2.7 million Richard Tam Alumni Center.
Learn more about joining the board of directors.